Two Indian women are harassed – level 2
A group of men harassed two Indian women, who are sisters. It all started at a bus stop. The harassment escalated on the bus.
The men began to touch one of the women and made kissing gestures. When the women told the men to stop, they pushed the women. The men then began hitting one of the women. Her sister wanted to help her, but she could not reach her. She took out her belt and began hitting the man. The men then stopped and threw them out of the bus.
The women told the police and now they investigate this incident.
Difficult words: harass (to say and do unpleasant things to somebody and make them feel very uncomfortable), escalate (when a problem gets worse), gesture (the motion of a part of the body by which you want to communicate something).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What can you do in a situation like this?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.