Very expensive kebab – level 2
You can get a very good and very expensive kebab in London. It costs 925 pounds and its creator says that it is worth every penny.
He uses the finest ingredients from around the world to put in the kebab. He uses Japanese Wagyu beef, milk-fed lamb and minced goat. A salad tops the kebab, and it is drizzled with a 25-year-old vinegar. A bottle of this vinegar costs 180 pounds.
Difficult words: finest (best), minced (cut up into very small pieces), drizzle (to put a little of some liquid on something).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos