Very old coins – level 1
A man finds four coins. These coins are around 2,000 years old. These coins are from the Iron Age. One coin is Roman.
Experts come to the site. They start digging. They find more coins. Now they have 26 coins in total. This find is special because the coins are from two different cultures.
People clean the coins. They will be at a museum.
Difficult words: site (place), dig (look for something in the ground), find (something which you find), culture (group of people).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Are you a teacher? Download the exercises for your class here. They are for free. You can copy them and use them in your class.
Have you ever found anything?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.