Vietnam and Coronavirus – level 3
Tens of thousands of tourists will be evacuated from a Vietnamese resort city after officials have confirmed that residents tested positive for COVID-19.
Over the weekend, the Vietnamese government decided that about 80,000 people should leave the city of Da Nang after it reported 11 new coronavirus infections after three months. According to officials, the evacuation process will take four days, and the effort is to get ahead of a potential second outbreak.
Vietnam has now over 430 confirmed cases of COVID-19 and no reported deaths. Medical researchers in the country are also investigating the possibility that the new COVID-19 cases are a new strain of the virus. The Vietnamese Ministry of Health said that this strain was more infectious than the original one.
Difficult words: get ahead (to do something early, before something else happens), potential (possible), strain (a specific type of an organism or a living thing such as a plant or virus).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos