Whale Shark in Peru – level 3
A whale shark washed up on a Peruvian beach. A heavy fishing net had caught it. It was trapped, but some fishermen came to help the animal. They worked hard to take the net away from its body. This was a race against time. They finally managed to cut through the net. The shark was free and the fishermen were able to push it back into the water.
The whale shark is a protected species in much of the world and despite its name, it is considered a gentle giant. And this one has some gentle friends to thank for its life.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.