WhatsApp in India – level 2
India’s government has a new law. WhatsApp doesn’t like this law. The new law says that social media companies have to identify message senders.
WhatsApp says that it cannot do it because it would have to give information about those who send messages and those who receive them.
WhatsApp, Facebook and other big companies invested heavily in India, but now they worry that they could lose the investments because of the new law.
WhatsApp currently has nearly 400 million users in the country.
Difficult words: heavily (very much), currently (at the moment), nearly (almost).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos