White tiger babies in Hungary – level 2
Rare white tiger babies received their first vaccination at a zoo in Hungary. The Bengal cubs were born two months ago and they are thought to be female.
Their mother refused to take care of them shortly after their birth, so people must do so. The zookeepers bottle-feed them and give them small amounts of meat. Like most babies, they are becoming more and more boisterous as they grow up. A few lucky visitors saw the babies.
Bengal White Tigers are extremely rare in the wild. There are fewer than 2,500 of them in the wild.
Difficult words: vaccination (the act of receiving a vaccine – a weak virus of a disease), cub (a young tiger), boisterous (noisy, energetic, and cheerful).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.