Window washer falls down – level 2
A San Francisco window washer fell eleven storeys from a skyscraper in the city’s Financial District. He landed on top of a moving car.
The fall seriously injured the worker and people took him to hospital. There was only one person in the car. He or she was shocked but luckily uninjured. The fall badly damaged the car. California’s safety officials investigate the incident.
Difficult words: storey (floor), skyscraper (extremely tall building), district (part of a city).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think of this accident?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.