Wine in the Sea – level 3
A Croatian winemaker and diver has found a unique way to combine his two passions – he matures his wine at the bottom of the sea.
The seabed is perfect for ageing wine, as it is dark, quiet, and has a stable temperature. The winemaker says that the resulting wine has a much more subtle taste than wine matured in cellars.
Each bottle is placed in an amphora, which is a clay container used since ancient Greece, and the amphora is sealed with wax to protect it from seawater.
Difficult words: subtle (fine, delicate), seal (close securely).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.