Woman Dies From a Scratch – level 1
This news is about a woman. She is from England. She is working in her garden. She scratches her hand.
This does not look like a big problem. However, she has pain in her shoulder. She sees a doctor. The doctor gives her pain killers.
The woman gets worse. She goes to hospital. The doctors do blood tests. The woman has sepsis. She dies two days later.
More than 150,000 people have sepsis in Britain. Forty-four thousand people die because of it.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.