World Scrabble Championship – level 1
The World Scrabble Championship happens in Lille, France. People from 30 countries come.
The two best players are British. Their final game is very exciting. They put together very good words. The best word scores 176 points.
The winner is very happy. He becomes the World Scrabble Champion of 2016. He also wins 7,000 euros. To celebrate, he goes out. He buys a bottle of champagne. He says that he does not want to play Scrabble for the rest of the year.
Difficult words: exciting (emotional), score (get points), champagne (a type of alcohol with bubbles in it).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
Do you like playing scrabble?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos