X allows political ads – level 2
X, which used to be Twitter, said that it would allow political ads in the US from candidates and political groups. This comes ahead of the 2024 presidential election.
The company stopped all political ads globally in 2019. In January, Twitter began permitting some kinds of ads in the US. These ads focused on topics like voter registration. The latest decision could help X increase its income, especially when some advertisers are avoiding the platform now. X plans to hire more people and create an advertising center. But it will still not allow ads that spread false information or harm public trust in elections.
People criticize X and other social media firms that they are not doing enough to stop false information during important elections.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What measures will X take to ensure that political ads on its platform are not spreading false information or harming public trust?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.