Big Water in Greece – level 1
Floods hit the outskirts of Athens, Greece. Fifteen or more people die. Many of the dead are older people. Thirty-seven people go to hospital. Some people are missing.
Some people are mad at the local government. They say that the local government does not help them.
Difficult words: flood (when a lot of water comes out of a river or a lake), outskirts (the outer parts of a city), missing (we do not know where they are and if they are OK), local government (the leaders of an area).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.