Dangerous Crossing – level 2
The British Transport Police shared a video of an unknown man at a railway crossing in Hertfordshire.
The man pushed through the gate, walked across the tracks, and glanced left. At the same moment, a train came, and it almost hit the man. When the train left, the man slowly walked away.
Officials say that the man´s behavior was very dangerous, and he nearly lost his life. People must respect the warning signs and flashing lights, and they must not push through the barriers. Some trains travel very fast. They can seem far away; however, they can be close in a few seconds.
Difficult words: railway crossing (a place where a railway and a road cross), glance (to look at something quickly), flashing (when lights turn on and off quickly so you can see them easily and from far away).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.