India parliament incident – level 3
In a shocking incident, two intruders entered the lower house of India’s parliament, shouting slogans and releasing yellow smoke. Lawmakers and security quickly apprehended them.
The intruders were reportedly shouting ‘tanashahi Nehi Chaliga’, meaning ‘dictatorship will not last’. Two more accomplices were arrested outside, with one claiming to be a protesting student concerned about unemployment. The incident occurred while lawmakers were in session in the Lok Sabha, the lower house of the parliament. Both houses were suspended for a short period before the session resumed.
This incident occurred on the 22nd anniversary of a 2001 deadly militant attack on the Indian parliament, where gunmen killed nine security officers, leading to heightened tensions between India and Pakistan.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What was the reason for the interruption of the parliamentary session on December 15, 2023 at 3:00 PM?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.