Robots can reproduce – level 1
US scientists make special robots. They call them Xenobots. Xenobots can reproduce. How do they reproduce? Scientists make the robots from frog cells. These cells come from frog eggs.
The cells move in water. They make pellets. Scientists change some pellets with more frog eggs. Nothing happens for a few days. Then, the pellets reproduce.
No plants or animals reproduce in the same way. Scientists see nothing like this before. There must be strong rules about how to use these robots in the future.
Difficult words: reproduce (to make a copy of itself), cell (the smallest part of a plant or animal), pellet (a small round piece of a thing).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos