Technology Helps Archaeologists – level 2
In the past, archaeologists always had to dig in the ground to study old towns and to study the way that people lived hundreds of years ago. However, now, there is a new technology that helps archaeologists study old towns.
A special radar scans the area at different depths, and archaeologists are able to make a map from the scans. This technology is great because researchers can study cities that they could not uncover before.
Recently, scientists have explored a Roman town of Falerii Novi that lies 31 miles north of Rome, Italy. Falerii Novi is about half the size of Pompeii, Italy, and the first people occupied it in 241 BC. The new technology discovered baths, a market, a temple, and a large network of water pipes.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.