Vegan Tattoo – level 1
Two sisters from Brussels travel to France. They get tattoos there. They go to a vegan tattoo parlour. Vegan tattoo parlours only use ink from vegetables. They cannot use beeswax, or animal gelatine.
The sisters realise that there are no vegan tattoo parlours in Brussels. They start one. They call it ‘Because’.
Difficult words: vegan (when you do not eat or use anything made from or made by animals), tattoo parlour (a shop where you can get a tattoo), gelatine (a material which is made from animal pieces), realise (see, think and make a plan).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.