Cambodia´s Bamboo Trains – level 3
Cambodia’s famous bamboo trains around Battambang could be about to grind to a halt as plans to restore the country’s train lines progress.
The homemade trains, known as ‘norries’, are powered by small motorcycle engines and can carry as many as 15 people.
One driver said that he and 40 others had been working at the tracks for 20 years, and they do not know how they will eat or care for their families. They are appealing to the government to ‘please find another place to run the norries’. The government has said that it may relocate the railway to the nearby Banan district.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.