Drones help reforest Brazil – level 3
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, is utilizing drones in collaboration with startup Morfo for an innovative reforestation initiative.
Launched as a partnership between the city hall and Morfo, the project aims to accelerate reforestation in challenging terrains. The initiative involves drones dispersing seeds of local native species in areas identified through soil and native species analysis. AI-powered computers determine specific targets and seed quantities. The drones are highly efficient and capable of dispersing 180 seed capsules per minute, making the process 100 times faster than traditional methods involving human hands.
This high-tech approach not only speeds up reforestation but also eliminates the need for nurturing seedlings for months and transporting them to planting sites.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
"What are the benefits of utilizing drones for reforestation efforts, as seen in Rio de Janeiro's partnership with Morfo?"
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.