Scissors Inside Man – level 1
This news is about a man. He is from Vietnam. He has a traffic accident. He goes to hospital. Doctors operate on him.
He leaves the hospital. He is not OK. He is in pain.
He is in pain for 18 years. Doctors take an X-ray of his belly. There are scissors inside him! The doctors left the scissors inside him 18 years ago!
The scissors must come out. The man goes to the same hospital. Doctors take out the scissors. Now the man is OK.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.