Stomach Full of Knives – level 2
A man from India started swallowing knives. He developed this habit when he was getting better from a road accident.
Recently, the man went to hospital with a stomach ache. Doctors thought that he had a tumour, but then they saw all the metal in his stomach by using a camera. They asked him about it and he told them that he swallowed 28 knives.
After surgery, though, the doctors counted 40 of them. The man is now in stable condition.
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.