A Big Fire – level 1
A big fire starts in a building in South Korea. The fire starts at 11 PM on October 8th. It starts on the 12th floor. However, it quickly moves up to the top floor.
Hundreds of residents run away from the building. 77 people get to the top floor. They need help.
Emergency workers help these people. Many people inhale smoke. They cannot breathe well. Some people have injuries. Luckily, the injuries are not serious. Authorities say that nobody dies in the fire.
Firefighters put out the fire at 9 AM the next morning. Now, officials must find out why the fire starts.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.