A boy beats Tetris – level 2
A 13-year-old boy named Willis Gibson from the United States beat Tetris. Tetris is a game well-known since its release over thirty years ago.
Willis is the first person who did that, before him, only AI reached the challenging ‘kill screen’ of the game. In a video, Willis plays for about 38 minutes, and he reaches level 157. Then the game freezes with a score of 999999. The President of the Classic Tetris World Championship said that he thought a human couldn’t reach this score.
Willis started to play Tetris only two years ago, but since then, he become one of the best US players. He plays for around 20 hours a week. He dedicated his win to his late father.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What inspired Willis to become such a skilled Tetris player and how did he dedicate his win to his late father?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.