A Cake-Making Cake – level 1
A bakery in England wants to help a children’s hospital. It needs to earn money. It makes a big cake. It takes 400 hours to finish.
The big cake is a machine! The ingredients go in the big cake. They come out as little cakes. The little cakes go in another part of the big cake. They come out finished and in little boxes.
The big cake could feed 2,000 people. The bakery only wants to use it to earn money. The bakery hopes that more people will get ideas to help others.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.