A film in space – level 2
Russia sent an actor and director to the International Space Station.
Actor Yulia Peresild and director Klim Shipenko joined a cosmonaut on a flight to the space station. It took the film crew four months to prepare for the flight, and the two women will spend 12 days on the station. They will film parts of a movie called ‘The Challenge’. The film is about a surgeon who rushes to the space station. She must save a cosmonaut who has heart problems.
Hollywood actor and director Tom Cruise said that he wanted to make a movie in space, too. He wanted to work with NASA and Elon Musk. Now it seems that Russia will be the first country which will make a movie in space.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.