A film in space – level 3
Russia has sent an actor and a director to the International Space Station (ISS) as a part of plans to make the first film in orbit.
Actor Yulia Peresild and director Klim Shipenko joined cosmonaut Anton Shkaplerov on a flight to the ISS where they will spend 12 days on the space outpost filming segments of a movie titled ‘The Challenge’, in which Peresild plays a surgeon who rushes to the space station. She is trying to save a crew member who suffers from a heart condition.
The film crew spent four months training for the mission, and it will complete the final scenes back on Earth. The film is likely to be ahead in cinemas of a proposed Hollywood project announced by Tom Cruise, NASA and Elon Musk´s SpaceX.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.