A man mustn’t donate sperm – level 2
A Dutch court ordered a man to stop donating sperm. Judges said that Jonathan Meijer was a father of around 500 to 600 children worldwide.
The man mustn’t make further donations to clinics. If he does, he could get a fine of up to 110,000 dollars for each violation. The court also said that clinics abroad had to destroy any stored semen, except for the one which was reserved for parents who already had children by Meijer.
Dutch parents who used Meijer as a donor said that his further donations could cause accidental incest and inbreeding.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What impact could the court order have on parents who already have children by Meijer?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.