A man opens the door during flight – level 2
In South Korea, the police arrested a man who reportedly opened the door of an Asiana Airlines flight before it landed. The incident caused fear among the passengers.
The Airbus A321 plane safely landed at Daegu airport after leaving Jeju Island. Although nobody got hurt, nine people had breathing problems and had to go to the hospital. The suspect was a 33-year-old passenger who was sitting near the emergency exit. He pulled a lever and opened the door. Videos showed strong winds blowing at passengers.
The police are questioning the suspect and they are trying to find out why he did it. But the man doesn’t want to speak to them.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What consequences will the suspect face if found guilty of the disruption caused on the Asiana Airlines flight?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.