A Man without Arms and Legs – level 1
Youssef Abu Amira comes from Gaza, Palestine. Youssef is born without legs. His arms are not complete. This does not stop Youssef.
Youssef finishes university. Now, he is starting a new hobby. He does karate. Karate is a Japanese sport. It is a type of fighting. You hit and kick another person.
Youssef is good at karate. He can hit another person very hard. Youssef’s dream is to do karate with people from all over the world.
He says that it is important to have dreams. He says that people can do anything if they really want to. Nothing can stop them.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.