A mysterious golden object in the ocean – level 2
Scientists discovered a mysterious golden object on the ocean floor off Alaska’s Pacific coast. They believe that it could be an egg from an unknown sea creature or a marine sponge.
The team made the unusual discovery by a remote-controlled submarine explorer at a depth of about 3.2 kilometers. Currently, scientists are conducting DNA tests and analyses to figure out what this shiny object is. The object has a special skin-like texture, and researchers are puzzled by its true nature. They used a remotely operated arm to handle it carefully and then transported it through a tube for further tests.
This discovery is part of the Seascape Alaska 5 expedition, which explores the Gulf of Alaska and its sea life.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What kinds of tests and analyses are scientists conducting to figure out the true nature of the mysterious golden object?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.