A robot makes fries – level 1
In California, US, company Miso Robotics makes a special robot. The robot helps in restaurants.
The robot has arms. Robots in car factories have similar arms. At first, the robot only turns burgers. Workers think that the robot can do other things, too.
Now, the robot makes french fries, fried onions, and other meals. A computer controls the robot.
The robot works faster than people. It can do more tasks at the same time. The robot knows exactly when the food is ready.
The robot does tasks which nobody wants to do. Workers are happy that somebody does this demanding work. The work is easier for them at night.
Difficult words: control (to have power over something), exactly (right), demanding (very difficult).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos