A robot makes fries – level 2
In California, US, Miso Robotics developed a robot which works in fast food restaurants.
At first, the robot only turned burgers, but workers soon realized that it could do more tasks. Now, the robot does several tasks at once. For example, it prepares french fries or onion rings.
When an order comes, a worker sends instructions to the robot. The robot uses special arms that look similar to those in car factories. The robot’s advantage can do many tasks at the same time, which saves a lot of time and work.
The robot uses AI and cameras and is faster than humans. It prepares meals for the right amount of time, and people are happy that they don’t have to do the work, especially at night.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.