A special trick – level 1
Aniol Serrasolses is a Spanish kayaker. He has a dream. He wants to go in his kayak on snow. His dream comes true. Serrasolses makes a special trick. It happens in Chile.
Serrasolses starts on a top of a volcano. He goes down 25 kilometers. He goes very fast. His speed is 100 kmph.
He jumps off rocks. He goes through a forest. Then, he gets to a river. He kayaks in the river.
He gets to a waterfall. He jumps down. He does a trick called double kickflip. A kickflip means that a person turns 360 degrees.
The man does not get hurt during the trick. He is very happy.
Difficult words: kayaker (a person who uses a kayak – a small light boat for one or two people), speed (how fast something or somebody is), waterfall (a part of a river when the water falls down from a high rock).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.