A woman spends 14 hours on top of her car – level 1
In northern California, a woman has a scary time. Her truck overturns in a big creek. It happens because it rains very much. She wants to cross the river. But there is too much water. The water is fast.
The woman spends the night on top of the truck. She gets stuck for almost 15 hours. Someone camping nearby sees her the next morning. They call for help. A special helicopter team comes to help. The helicopter lifts her from the truck. The woman goes to the hospital with small injuries.
This rescue is similar to one which happens in the same place in 2012.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
Have you ever experienced or witnessed a rescue similar to this one?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.