A woman spends 14 hours on top of her car – level 2
In northern California, a woman faced a dangerous 15-hour situation after her pickup truck overturned in a river during heavy rain.
A helicopter team from the California Highway Patrol Air Operations started a daring rescue. They lifted the woman from the rushing waters using a harness. The woman wanted to cross Del Valle Creek, about 35 miles east of San Francisco, but she got stuck. She spent the night on top of her car, which probably saved her life. She survived with minor injuries.
A similar incident took place in 2012 on the same creek.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What survival techniques could the woman have used during her 15-hour ordeal in the overturned pickup truck?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.