3D-printed houses – level 1
There are ten new buildings in Shanghai, China. These buildings are special. They are not made of bricks. The buildings were printed.
A 3D printer uses a special material. It puts this material in layers. It puts one layer on another. The layers are well connected. They will not move apart.
The walls are only three centimetres thick, but the material is very strong. It is five times harder than normal materials.
Difficult words: brick (hard piece of material which is used for building), layer (material which covers something), connected (to touch).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Do you like these houses?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.