3D Restaurant in London – level 3
A 3D-printing restaurant has set its sights on the world after an exclusive limited run in London. The pop-up diner Food Ink says it offers a one-off kind of gourmet experience since all the food, utensils and furniture are completely produced through 3D printing.
“The future is coming at us very, very quickly and a lot of people are excited about it. A lot of this new technology is empowering and liberating and positive for people, but we’re also a little bit disconcerted, so the idea is to use the universal language of food to bring people together to have a conversation about all the ways in which the tune of the future is rapidly affecting us and to leave from our restaurant being inspired but also with a few critical questions in our own lives about how we can move into the future more sustainably.”
Doing its three-day opening in London’s Shoreditch, Food Ink’s team of chefs and artists created files for the printers to make a nine-course meal. Some of the ink used included potato, avocado, chocolate and passion fruit paste. The food was printed layer by layer at the click of a mouse.
Food Ink says it plans to take the concept across the world and could have upcoming dining events in cities such as Barcelona, Cape Town, and Sydney soon.
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.