AC/DC drummer in trouble – level 1
This news is about Phil Rudd. He is a drummer. He plays for the band AC/DC. He has drugs with him. He also wants to kill two people.
Police find out about this. Phil comes to court. There, he does not say anything. The court allows him to leave, but he must return at the end of the month.
The band fired the drummer in 1983. He returned in 1994. AC/DC has a new album. You can buy it this month.
Difficult words: find out (get to know something), court (when you do something bad, you must come to court), fire (to make someone leave his or her job).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think of this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos