AC/DC drummer in trouble – level 3
The drummer for the rock band AC/DC has appeared in court in New Zealand, charged with drug possession and attempting to arrange the murders of two people.
Phil Rudd appeared in court in the North Island city of Tauranga after police raided his home on Thursday.
The 60-year-old entered no plea to the charges and was remanded on bail with no restrictions on his movements. Local media reported that the drummer has to reappear at the end of the month.
Rudd was sacked from the band in 1983 but rejoined in 1994. AC/DC is due to release its first album in five years later this month.
Difficult words: raid (to attack and search a place), to enter a plea (to say if you are or are not guilty at court), remand (to let go) restriction (limit), bail (amount of money which you have to leave at court), sack (fire). Source: www.ondemandnews.com
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.