Accident at an underground station – level 1
This happens at a London Underground station. A couple has a baby. The baby is in a pushchair. The father carries the pushchair down the stairs. He leaves it and leaves to help other people.
Nobody watches the baby. A strong gust of wind moves the pushchair. It falls on to the tracks.
The parents see what happened. The mother runs on the tracks. She saves her baby. Police look for the parents. They want to know if the baby is fine.
Difficult words: pushchair (chair for a baby which can move), gust (when the wind blows quickly), tracks (road for the train).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Would you punish the parents?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos