Africa dust goes to Europe – level 1
Storm Celia moves dust from the Sahara desert. The desert is in Africa. The sky in Spain becomes bright orange.
The dust travels 2,500 kilometers from Morocco and Algeria. The storm is very strong. It brings rain to Spain. People are happy. The weather is very dry in Spain for many weeks.
Sadly, the air is full of dust. They should not do sports outside. They should wear a mask outside.
Slopes in France are also orange. It looks like that people ski on orange snow. People in Switzerland and Germany see the orange sky, too. Scientists say that the dust can move as far as to the UK.
Difficult words: dust (small pieces of dirt or sand, which are in the air), desert (an area with a lot of sand and few plants or trees), slope (a part of a hill or mountain where people ski).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos