Airplane Safety for Korean Air – level 3
During a recent Korean Air flight, a passenger attacked others. American singer Richard Marx was on that flight and reported that he had to step in to deal with the passenger because he felt that the staff was “unprepared and clueless”.
Korean Air received criticism for the on-board incident and now its staff will have more ability to use stun guns. Before the staff was only allowed to use stun guns if a crew member or a passenger’s life was in jeopardy.
The Korean Air president said that the company will improve the procedures for taser guns and ropes or shackles. These measures should reduce the number of attacks and secure the safety of the flights.
Difficult words: clueless (having little idea on what to do), jeopardy (danger), procedures (instructions or directions), shackles (two rings which you put on a criminal’s hands).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.