Amelia Earhart Possibly Found – level 1
In 1932, Amelia Earhart flies alone over the Atlantic Ocean. She is the first woman pilot to do this. She has to land partway through her flight. She lands in Northern Ireland.
In 1937, her navigator and she fly over the Pacific Ocean. They go missing. People do not know what happens to them until now.
In 1940, people find a skeleton on a South Pacific island. Now people study this skeleton. They think that the skeleton is Amelia Earhart. They think that she crash-landed on the island and died.
Difficult words: navigator (a person who helps a ship or an aeroplane pilot know where to go), go missing (when a person goes missing, something happens to them, and we do not know where they are and if they are OK), skeleton (all the bones of the body).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.