American Soy Beans in China – level 1
China buys soy beans from the USA. It normally buys a lot of them. In July, however, a trade war starts. China stops buying the soy beans. This is terrible for American soy bean farmers.
It is possible that things will go back to normal. China buys 1 million tonnes of soy beans in December. This is not a lot. However, it is better than nothing.
Difficult words: trade war (a situation when a country tries to hurt another country’s trade – buying and selling things), will (in the future).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos