Amnesty in Myanmar – level 2
Myanmar’s president pardoned more than 6,500 prisoners last Tuesday and set them free. Two Reuters journalists were among them.
Police arrested the journalists and sent them to prison for seven years in 2017 for investigating the killings of Rohingya Muslims by Myanmar.
The United Nations applauded the journalists’ release. The UN said that this shows that the Myanmarese government wants change into a democratic country.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.