An Accident at the Carnival in Rio – level 3
There was an accident at Rio´s world famous carnival. Some dancers were performing on a floating board. A truck carrying the board lost control on wet pavement and crushed some people against a fence. The truck then changed direction and injured more people that were standing on the other side of the road.
At least twenty people were injured, three of them in serious condition. Police have started an investigation. They are questioning the driver.
Difficult words: float (move on water or liquid), fence (a structure that divides two areas, similar to a wall).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.