An app can detect COVID-19 – level 2
Scientists found out that people who had COVID-19 had pink eye syndrome. It means that the color of the white part or their eyes turns pink.
Scientists know two million different colors of pink, and they can tell which color is usual for COVID-19 patients.
Scientists in a German company Semic RF made a special app which can detect COVID-19. It is very easy to use the app. You install it in your phone and then, you take a photo of one of your eyes. The app uses Artificial Intelligence which can tell in less than five minutes if you are sick or not.
The app also checks your blood pressure, pulse, body temperature, and possible eye infection to detect COVID-19 successfully.
Difficult words: detect (to find something what you could not see before), Artificial Intelligence (a special software in computers), blood pressure (the force with which your heart pushes the blood through your body), pulse (when your heart beats and you can feel it when you touch your wrist or side of the neck).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.