An underwater robot – level 2
Scientists from Swiss company Tethys Robotics developed an underwater robot for dangerous situations where human divers cannot go.
The robot is autonomous and designed to work in challenging environments like rivers with dirty water. It takes over when normal search and rescue methods fail.
The robot has a swappable lithium battery which lasts for four hours on one charge. It weighs 30 kg in water and can travel at a top speed of 2 meters per second. It can also communicate over a fiber optics cable which is up to 10 km long.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What technological breakthroughs enabled Tethys Robotics to design an autonomous underwater robot?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.