Andy Murray has a baby daughter – level 1
Andy Murray is a famous tennis player. He is from Scotland. He is number two in the world.
He also has a baby daughter. He says that she is very important to him. He knows how responsible he must be. He wants to be a good father.
However, he has many priorities. He still has tennis. He is on a team for Great Britain. Three other men are on his team. One is his brother. The team wants to win for Great Britain. It will be the first time since 1936 if the team wins.
Difficult words: responsible (when you do the things that are good to do), priorities (the things that you do in your life), will (this means “in the future”).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Do you think that the Great Britain tennis team will do well?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.